The RNRMC are delighted to launch the Heroes Virtual Challenge to honour the 75th anniversary of D-Day.
Complete a total of 100km in the month of September in your own time and in your own way.
This campaign is to run alongside our physical London-Paris Heroes Challenge that is taking place in September.
Run, walk, cycle, swim, row, or do whatever you like. Set your challenge, do it your way by September 30 and raise vital funds to support services and care for Royal Navy and Royal Marine veterans. This includes staffing, entertainment and room comforts in residential homes, as well as free physiotherapy and chiropody treatments every week. For more information on how we help veterans click here
Join as an individual, or take part in a team. Compete as a company, group, ship, mess or unit and challenge your oppos! The best part is you can complete our virtual challenge from your own home or anywhere in the world, and yes even on board a deployed ship!
The challenge will encourage participation across the whole of the UK, in particular within regional Naval Bases and amongst the defence sector. We already have interest from a number of corporate partners and we would be delighted for you to be involved. We’ve included some promotional material for you to share .
How To Join
* Register to take part in the Heroes Virtual Challenge here
* Follow the steps to create a Heroes Virtual Challenge profile page, where people can view your progress and sponsor you. You can also share updates on your training and share progress pictures.
* Connect your supporter page to Strava to make sure your activity is tracked instantly. Or you can manually add your activity on your profile page.
* Make sure you track every activity you do, otherwise it won't be counted towards your total.
* You can also join as part of a team, establishment or corporate.
* Check your progress on the leader boards and see how you individually, your team or your affiliate establishment compare.
* Complete the challenge within the month and receive your well-earned medal! Additional prizes will be awarded to individuals and teams in certain categories.